Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The smell of chocolate

We used up the last gift card boxes last week so I stopped by About Memories and More (where my wife's entire Christmas list can be purchased) to pick up some cardstock. She had two big baskets of cute paper and I picked out a stack of really cute papers.

Last night I finally got around to cutting the boxes and stuffing them with tissue paper. We were out of chocolates too so I had to get some of those this morning. Now it smells like chocolate here at The Learning Bug. Ahhh.

Did you know the average teacher spends about $500 on class materials out of her own pocket? A new teacher spends nearly twice that each year. It's fun to see teachers come in with gift cards because as they shop they aren't pinching pennies. They can get something "cool" without feeling guilty. Plus with their teacher discount, they actually get more than the value of the card.

No comments: