Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dr. Seuss lesson plans


My son and I have been sharing a cold experience all week. We must have picked it up together some time. But in the midst of the sniffles and coughing, I've been able to put together lesson plans for two weeks worth of activities correlated to Dr. Seuss books.

I love Dr. Seuss's books!

One of the lessons requires the teacher to cut out little fish (One fish two fish, red fish blue fish). You can't just use Dr. Seuss's fish artwork because it's copyrighted. So I set out to draw a fish that looks like Dr. Seuss but isn't Dr. Seuss. I had a blast (even if it was not on the to-do list for the day). It's fun to be an artist every once in a while.

We've got copies of the entire lesson schedule at the store, and I'll be making samples of the projects this week (yeah! more art!) or you can download them from our web site at www.azlearningbug.com/seuss.

No comments: