Thursday, February 26, 2009

Week in review

So Clarkdale was a big hit. Everyone loved the Dr. Seuss project, and everyone wanted to buy my wife's collection of books! I had to tell um-teen people 'they're not for sale.' We've still got plenty of Dr. Seuss stuff, but it's going fast. We've been shipping it to Florida, Arkansas and all over the place. (Why can't anyone in Arizona find our web site as easily as people 2,000 miles away?)

I've spent the better part of the week entering descriptions of products into our web site. We're getting there!

The landlord has decided to replace the shingles across the front of our store. Yeah!! goodbye disintegrating orange ceramic tiles! It should look nice when it's all done, but they've been blocking off the entire parking lot to do it. I promise we ARE open!

Next week is the big annual trade show for the school supply industry, so I'm off to Dallas (yee haw!) I'll be checking out all the new products for this year and scoutin' deals for all our teachers. It's a real picker-upper to get away for a week and have a change of pace, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Our son discovered that the bulbs in our front yard are popping up! yippee!!!!! I really like spring - almost as much as summer. If the bulbs are coming up, that must mean it's time to get out the shorts!! Maybe I need to go bump the thermostat up a few degrees first.

No comments: